Want to buy a pizza barette, but don’t know which one? We picked out the best 10 for you, for large and small parties and for families with kids.
Making pizzas in your own pizza oven is the alternative to the well-known gourmet food. Without the nasty smell that gourmet sets spread. Cozy and delicious food go together thanks to the pizza oven.
We have extensively tested several appliances for ease of use, safety and performance. We have listed the 10 best ones for you. We also provide plenty of tips and answer the most frequently asked questions.
Why a pizza parte should be in every household
When it’s my turn to cook, the kids invariably come to me with questions like “Dad, shall we get fries today?” or “Dad, shall we order Chinese?”. Then when I answer that we’re having pizza, I see happy, relieved faces. But before the kids have a chance to grab their smartphones and start picking out one, I add, “homemade pizza.” Immediately then the faces involve.
The kids already see a rock-hard fried dough plate in front of them, topped with unrecognizable charred vegetables. And then I say: “In the pizza parlor!” Immediately then the mood turns again. The children are happy (or is it relieved?) and even want to help with the preparations. A trouble-free, delicious and healthy dinner awaits us.
That’s why we recommend everyone to buy such a pizza oven. Moreover, it is a welcome change from the eternal gourmets, and you don’t have to ‘enjoy’ the oil fumes in your house for days. Because all you can smell with a pizza terette is the wonderful aroma of freshly baked delicious pizza.
What is the best pizza terette for you?
Almost all pizzarettes have a terracotta dome with openings to slide the pizza pans into. That’s why they all look alike. Yet there are major differences. There are pizza arettes for 2, 4, 6 and even 8 people.
There are also pizza grills with high power, if you like crispy baked mini pizzas. Plenty of choice, so we’ve made a top 10 with the ideal pizza parette for every need. Quickly read which one suits you best.
Quickest to use
Emerio PO 115848
As with all Emerio PO 115848 pizza ovens, we baked excellent mini pizzas with this PO 115848. The big advantage of this excellent pizza parlour is that it is ready to use within minutes. Thanks to the flat top of the dome, this pizza oven has a pre-bake function: put the loose bottom on top for a moment for an extra crispy mini pizza. moreover, you can keep baked pizzas warm on that top for a while or lightly grill a bruschetta, for instance.
The temperature of the Emerio PO 115848 is adjustable between 200 and 300 degrees. You bake your pizza on a spatula, or directly on the baking tray. Both have a non-stick coating, so it is easy to clean.
- Quick to use
- Temperature adjustable
- Pre bake function
- Warm-up function
- Easy to clean
- Short connecting cable
- Substantially priced
The most energy-efficient pizzarette 6 people
Emerio PO 115985
The PO 115985, like the Emerio PO 115984 pizzarette 6-seater, features an updated pizza tray. This latest update ensures deliciously crispy bases, while baking time is still short.
The terracotta dome stays cool on the outside, so children won’t burn their fingers on it. The griddle and pans have a non-stick coating, making them easy to clean and you can easily slide your pizza onto your plate. The griddle and pans are also dishwasher-safe.
- Crispy bottoms
- Short baking time
- Safe for children
- Easy to clean
- Parts are dishwasher-safe
- Long cooking time
- Does not have a built-in thermostat
The safest pizza barette for children
Emerio Cool Wall
The Emerio Cool Wall pizzarette comes in 4-person and 6-person versions. It is the safest pizza oven to let children make their own mini pizza in. This is because it has a handmade dome that gets less hot, so kids won’t accidentally burn their fingers on it. Other plus points are its easy operation and short heating time. So it is ideal for a children’s party or a cosy family dinner.
The baking plate of this pizza oven is easy to clean. Handy to know, if you let the kids bake a homemade pizza.
- Safe for children
- Simple operation
- Short heating time
- Non-slip feet keep the oven in place
- Temperature is not adjustable
the best multipurpose pizzarette
Emerio 3-in-1 PO 113255.4
Pizza oven, raclette and grill in one, that’s the Emerio 3-in-1 PO 113255.4 pizzarette. Under the terracotta dome of this multifunctional 6-person pizzarette, you can bake a delicious small pizza in no time or melt Swiss raclette cheese in the included special pans. In older models, many complained about the quality of the non-stick coating of the oven base. Now it is made of good conductive and easy-to-clean stainless steel. On top of the dome, there is a grill plate, on which you can grill pieces of meat and vegetables, as well as keep your pizzas warm or heat bruschettas.
The PO 113255.4 can accommodate 6 pizza pans, so you can enjoy it with the whole family. Or eat extra fast with three people, of course. The 3-in-1 appliance comes complete with 6 spatulas, 6 raclette pans with non-stick coating and a pizza cut-out.
- pizza and raclette oven section
- flat top for grilling and keeping warm
- suitable for 6 persons
- simple operation
- easy to clean
- long warm-up time
The best for 2 people
This compact pizza oven is ideal for 1 and 2-person households. Use it to bake your own pizza or use the pre-bake function to prepare pizza bases in advance. The Emerio PO-122250 heats up quickly you’ll have a delicious pizza on your plate in 5 minutes.
- Compact device, suitable for 2 persons
- Heats up quickly
- Mini pizzas are quick to prepare
- Pre bake pizzarette, prepare your base in advance
- Not suitable for larger parties
The best pizzarettes listed
To make choosing the right pizza parette easier for you, we list the best ten here once again:
Buying a pizza barette: how to choose the right one?
If you want to go out and buy a pizza parte, you need to have a few things in mind beforehand to determine the best pizza parte for you:
- Your budget. How much do you have to spend? You can buy a pizza oven for as little as 50 euros, but there are also those that cost 150 euros and more. It’s not that cheap ovens are necessarily worse. Rather, the difference is in the heating time and cooking time of the pizzas.
- How many people. How many people do you want to enjoy your own mini pizzas or a large homemade pizza? Are you looking for a 2-person pizzarette, a 4 or 6-person, or still an 8-person pizzarette?
- Adequate heat. To bake pizza well together, the pizza oven must produce enough heat. Most pizza parettes have a special handmade dome for this purpose, under which the desired temperature of 200 degrees is achieved.
- Power. Do you want to be able to start baking quickly or do you like crispy pizzas that are ready quickly? Then choose a pizzarette with high power, from 1,200 watts.
- Cleaning. After a pleasant evening enjoying the tastiest pizzas, you probably don’t want to spend hours cleaning or washing up. Choose a pizza terette that is dishwasher safe. Also pay attention to whether the pans and bottom have non-stick coating.
Conclusion: these are the best pizza parettes
From our test, not just one pizza terette came out on top, but several. Logical, considering that the company with which you use the pizzarette can vary quite a bit. For example, the best 2-person pizza set is obviously not suitable as an 8-person pizza set. And having 6 people eat with a pizza fryer is also complicated with a 4-person pizza fryer. Also, a pizza cracker with better baking results is not necessarily a good pizza cracker to let kids safely make their own small pizzas with. Hence these recommendations.
Tip: This is how to make the tastiest mini pizzas in your pizzarette
The basis for making delicious pizza in your pizza oven – besides choosing the right pizza parette – is the base. You have three options for that:
- You buy ready-made bases in the supermarket, which already come with the basic tomato sauce.
- You use ready-made pizza dough to make your own pizza bases using the cutout, which comes with almost every pizza setter.
- You make your own pizza dough. To do this, you put 500 g pizza flour, 300 g lukewarm water, 20 g olive oil, 16 g yeast, 10 g salt and 10 g fine granulated sugar in a dough bowl. You mix it for 15 minutes, divide it into 24 balls and let them rise for 2 hours. Then you sprinkle the balls with some corn flour and roll them out into squares. Done.
Next, you set out the ingredients on the dinner table. The basic tomato sauce (for if you didn’t choose option 1 above) and whatever products you want for the topping:
- different types of grated cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, aged cheese)
- slices of goat cheese or brie
- cold cuts like carpaccio, parma ham, salami, ham on the back
- tuna, smoked salmon, canned salmon, mussels, shrimps
- vegetables such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, peppers, rocket, olives
- pineapple (for when children are eating and there are no Italians in the company)
- pre-cooked chicken breast, chicken shawarma, Italian seasoned minced meat and other meats
- various sauces and herbs: garlic sauce, truffle mayonnaise, basil, oregano
In short, anything you like is suitable for a delicious pizza. With all those ingredients, put together your own mini pizzas and bake them in a few minutes. This way you will have a very cozy and delicious dinner with your friends or your family.
Another tip: cleaning, even with non-stick coating
After using the pizza terette, of course it needs to be cleaned. A good tip for that is, to soak the pizza pans in water overnight. Then they are very easy to clean the next day. And you can join your guests right after dinner, instead of having to wash up. That’s so pleasant.
Frequently asked questions
Any products you like. You always start with a basic tomato sauce, but after that you have plenty of options: grated cheese, cheese slices, salami, ham and other meats, pre-cooked chicken, vegetables, you name it. Just pick your favorite toppings and get to work.
You can buy ready-made pizza bases in the supermarket, which are already smeared with tomato sauce. In addition, you can make your own bases from ready-made pizza dough (also available in the supermarket) or make your dough all by yourself. A recipe for homemade dough can be found above.
You’ll need a nearby electrical outlet to plug in the pizza oven, or an extension cord. You also need some olive oil to grease the pans and the bottom plate. And, of course, pizza bases and the right ingredients to use as toppings. Good products for the latter can be found in this article. You can set the dining table with keep pizza plates and special pizza knives or pizza cutters.
The fastest pizzarette in our test is Emerio’s PO 115848, which is ready to use in a few minutes. With Omerio Pizza pizzarettes, you can only make pizza after half an hour, but during that time you can prepare the bases and prepare the various toppings.
From our test, Omerio’s Pizza Festa comes out on top. It is available in 4 and 6-person pizzarettes.
It depends. If you choose to get ready quickly, go for ready-made bases from the supermarket. You can also make bases from ready-made pizza dough or homemade pizza dough.
For a successful dinner party, all you really need is some olive oil (to grease the pans and griddle), pizza bases and toppings. As toppings, you can use all kinds of products, such as meat, fish, cheese, vegetables and fruits. Also have some (Italian) herbs on the table and a bowl of lettuce for freshness. Of course, choose the best products for the best results.
Many pizzarettes you can also use as a pizza oven, to prepare one large pizza directly on the griddle. The Emerio PO 115984 pizzarette is a good example. But our test winner Omerio’s Pizza Festa is also great for that.
You can buy pizzarettes in stores that sell electronic kitchen appliances, such as Blokker, Expert and MediaMarkt. You can also order them online, for example at Bol.com, CoolBlue or Wehkamp.