Want to buy a pizza barette, but don’t know which one? We picked out the best 10 for you, for large and small parties and for families with kids.
Making pizzas in your own pizza oven is the alternative to the familiar gourmet. Without the nasty smell that gourmet sets spread. Cozy and delicious food go together thanks to the pizza oven.
We have extensively tested several devices for ease of use, safety and performance. We’ve listed the 10 best ones for you. We also provide many tips and answer the most frequently asked questions.
Why a pizza parlor should be in every household
When it’s my turn to cook, the kids invariably come to me with questions like “Dad, shall we get fries today?” or “Dad, shall we order Chinese?”. Then when I answer that we’re having pizza, I see happy, relieved faces. But before the kids have a chance to grab their smartphones and pick one out, I add, “homemade pizza.” Immediately the faces involve themselves.
The children already envision a rock-hard fried dough plate, topped with unrecognizable charred vegetables. And then I say, “In the pizzeria!” Immediately then the mood turns again. The children are happy (or is it relieved?) and even want to help with the preparations. A trouble-free, delicious and healthy dinner awaits us.
Therefore, we recommend everyone to purchase such a pizza oven. Besides, it is a welcome change from the eternal gourmets, and you don’t have to “enjoy” the oil fumes in your house for days. Because the only thing you smell with a pizza oven is the wonderful smell of freshly baked delicious pizza.
What is the best pizza place for you?
Almost all pizzarettes have a terracotta dome with openings to slide the pizza pans into. That’s why they all look alike. Yet there are major differences. There are pizza arettes for 2, 4, 6 and even 8 people.
There are also high power pizza toasters if you like crispy baked mini pizzas. Plenty of choice, so we created a top 10 with the ideal pizza parlor for every need. Quickly read which one suits you best.
Quickest to use
Emerio PO 115848
pizza ovens, we baked excellent mini pizzas with this PO 115848. The great advantage of this excellent pizza parlor is that it is ready to use within a few minutes. Thanks to the flat top of the dome, this pizza oven has a pre-bake function: put the loose bottom on top for a moment for an extra crispy mini pizza. In addition, you can keep baked pizzas warm on that top for a while or lightly grill a bruschetta, for example. The temperature of the Emerio PO 115848 is adjustable between 200 and 300 degrees. You bake your pizza on a spatula, or directly on the baking sheet. Both have a non-stick coating, so it’s easy to clean.
- Quick to use
- Temperature adjustable
- Pre bake function
- Warm function
- Easy to clean
- Short connecting cable
- hefty price
The most energy-efficient pizzarette 6 people
Emerio PO 115985
The PO 115985, like the pizza parlor 6-seater features an updated pizza parlor tray. This latest update ensures deliciously crispy bottoms, while still keeping baking time short. The terracotta dome stays cool on the outside, so children won’t burn their fingers on it. The griddle and pans have a non-stick coating, making them easy to clean and allowing you to easily slide your pizza onto your plate. Also, the griddle and pans are dishwasher safe.
- Crispy bottoms
- Short baking time
- Safe for children
- Easy to clean
- Parts can be put in the dishwasher
- Long cooking time
- Does not have a built-in thermostat
The safest pizza barette for kids
Emerio Cool Wall
The Emerio Cool Wall pizza set comes in 4-person and 6-person versions. It is the safest pizza oven to let kids make their own mini pizza in. This is because it has a handmade dome that gets less hot, so kids won’t accidentally burn their fingers on it. Other pluses are its easy operation and short heating time. So it is ideal for a children’s party or a nice dinner with the family. The griddle of this pizza oven is easy to clean. Handy to know, if you let the kids bake a homemade pizza.
- Safe for children
- Simple operation
- Short heating time
- Non-slip feet keep oven in place
- Temperature is not adjustable
the best multipurpose pizzarette
Emerio 3-in-1 PO 113255.4
Emerio 3-in-1 PO 113255.4 pizzarette. Under the terracotta dome of this multifunctional 6-person pizzarette, you can bake a delicious small pizza or melt Swiss raclette cheese in the included special pans in no time. With older models, many complained about the quality of the non-stick coating of the oven bottom. Now it is made of good conductive and easy-to-clean stainless steel. On top of the dome there is a grill plate, on which you can grill pieces of meat and vegetables, as well as keep your pizzas warm or heat bruschettas. The PO 113255.4 is suitable for 6 pizza pans, so you can enjoy it with the whole family. Or eat extra fast with three people, of course. The 3-in-1 appliance comes complete with 6 spatulas, 6 raclette pans with non-stick coating and a pizza cutout.
- oven section for pizza and raclette
- flat top for grilling and keeping warm
- suitable for 6 persons
- simple operation
- easy to clean
- long warm-up time
The best for 2 people
This compact pizza oven is ideal for 1 and 2 person households. Bake your own pizza with it or use the pre-bake function to prepare pizza bases in advance. The Emerio PO-122250 heats up quickly you’ll have a delicious pizza on your plate in 5 minutes.
- Compact device, suitable for 2 people
- Heats up quickly
- Mini pizzas are quick to prepare
- Pre bake pizzarette, prepare your bottom in advance
- Not suitable for larger parties
The best pizza arettes in a row
To make choosing the right pizza parte easier for you, we list the best ten again here:
Buying a pizza parlor: how to choose the right one?
If you want to go out and buy a pizza pie, you need to have a few things in mind beforehand to determine the best pizza pie for you:
- Your budget. How much do you have to spend? You can buy a pizza oven from as little as 50 euros, but there are some that cost 150 euros and more. It’s not that cheap ovens are necessarily worse. Rather, the difference is in the heating time and cooking time of the pizzas.
- How many people. How many people do you want to enjoy your own mini pizzas or a large homemade pizza? Are you looking for a 2-person pizzarette, a 4 or 6-person, or yet an 8-person pizzarette?
- Sufficient heat. To bake good pizza together, the pizza oven must produce enough heat. Most pizza arettes have a special handmade dome for this purpose, under which the desired temperature of 200 degrees is achieved.
- Power. Want to be able to start baking quickly or like crispy pizzas that are ready quickly? Then choose a pizza terette with high power, starting at 1,200 watts.
- Cleaning. After a pleasant evening enjoying the tastiest pizzas, you probably don’t want to spend hours cleaning or washing dishes. Choose a pizza set that is dishwasher safe. Also make sure the pans and base have a non-stick coating.
Conclusion: these are the best pizza restaurants
From our test, not one pizza terette emerged as the best, but several. Logical, considering that the company with which you use the pizza set can vary quite a bit. For example, the best pizza set for 2 people is obviously not suitable as a pizza set for 8 people. And getting 6 people to eat with a pizza set is also complicated with a 4-person pizza set. Also, a pizza cracker with better baking results is not necessarily a good pizza cracker to let children safely make their own small pizzas with. Hence these recommendations.
Tip: Here’s how to make the tastiest mini pizzas in your pizza terette
The basis for making delicious pizza in your pizza oven – besides choosing the right pizza parget – is the base. You have three options for that:
- You buy ready-made bases in the supermarket, which already include the basic tomato sauce.
- You use ready-made pizza dough to make your own pizza bases using the cutout, which comes with almost every pizza setter.
- You make your own pizza dough. To do this, you put 500 g pizza flour, 300 g lukewarm water, 20 g olive oil, 16 g yeast, 10 g salt and 10 g fine granulated sugar in a dough bowl. You mix it for 15 minutes, divide it into 24 balls and let them rise for 2 hours. Then you sprinkle the balls with some cornmeal and roll them out into squares. Done.
Next, put the ingredients on the dinner table. The basic tomato sauce (for if you didn’t choose option 1 above) and whatever you want for the topping:
- assorted grated cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, aged cheese)
- slices of goat cheese or brie
- cold cuts such as carpaccio, parma ham, salami, ham on the back
- tuna, smoked salmon, canned salmon, mussels, shrimp
- vegetables such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, bell bell pepper, arugula, olives
- pineapple (for when children are eating and there are no Italians in the party)
- precooked chicken breast, chicken shawarma, Italian seasoned minced meat and other meats
- various sauces and condiments: garlic sauce, truffle mayonnaise, basil, oregano
In short, anything you like is suitable for a delicious pizza. With all those ingredients, put together your own mini pizzas and bake them in a few minutes. This way you will have a very cozy and delicious dinner with your friends or your family.
Another tip: cleaning, even with non-stick coating
After use, of course, you need to clean the pizza set. A good tip for this is to soak the pizza pans in water overnight. Then they are very easy to clean the next day. And you can immediately join your guests after dinner, instead of having to wash up. That’s very convenient.
Hi, I’m Thomas!
Passion for food and writing
Together with my friend Laura – the foodie on our team – we review kitchen appliances to make the choice easier for you. That way you know which appliances are good and we save you from making a misbuy!
Frequently Asked Questions
All the products you like. You always start with a basic tomato sauce, but after that you have plenty of options: grated cheese, sliced cheese, salami, ham and other meat, pre-cooked chicken, vegetables, you name it. Just choose your favorite toppings and get to work.
You can buy ready-made pizza bases in the supermarket, which are already smeared with tomato sauce. In addition, you can make your own bases from ready-made pizza dough (also available in the supermarket) or make your dough all by yourself. A recipe for homemade dough can be found above.
You’ll need a nearby outlet to plug in the pizza oven, or an extension cord. You’ll also need some olive oil to grease the pans and bottom plate. And, of course, pizza bases and the right ingredients to use as toppings. Good products for the latter can be found in this article. You can set the dining table with pizza plates and special pizza knives or pizza cutters.
The fastest pizza terette in our test is Emerio’s PO 115848, which is ready to use in minutes. Tristar’s Pizza Festa pizza arettes take half an hour to make pizza, but in that time you can prepare the bases and prepare the various toppings.
From our test, Emerio Pizza comes out on top. It is available in pizzarettes for 4 and 6 people.
It depends. If you choose to get ready quickly, go for ready-made bases from the supermarket. You can also make bases from ready-made pizza dough or homemade pizza dough.
For a successful dinner you really only need some olive oil (to grease the pans and griddle), pizza bases and toppings. As toppings, you can use all kinds of products, such as meat, fish, cheese, vegetables and fruits. Also put some (Italian) herbs on the table and a bowl of lettuce for freshness. Of course, choose the best products for the best results.
Many pizzarettes you can also use as a pizza oven, to cook one large pizza directly on the griddle. The Emerio PO 115984 pizzarette is a good example. But our test winner Tristar Pizza Festa is also great for that.
You can buy pizza grills in stores that sell electronic kitchen appliances, such as Blokker, Expert and MediaMarkt. You can also order them online, for example at Bol.com, CoolBlue or Wehkamp.