Is it scheduled again this year? For many, yes. Super fun! By the way, did you know that around 38% of the population grabbed the gourmet in 2019? So we can say that evening gourmet really belongs to the holidays. The tastiest recipes, small pans, raw meat that everyone bakes up for themselves on the grill.
There are a lot of things that are put on the table during such a cozy evening. So what are the ”required fields” to look at when organizing a good gourmet? What does that shopping list look like? I take you through all the products you put on the table for a cozy gourmet party!
What is needed for an evening of gourmet?
It’s also definitely not crazy if you’re thinking, what all new items do I need? An evening of gourmet dining, I speak from experience, is ideal. You can omit cooking, all you have to do is prepare. Let’s face it, an evening of gourmet food is a cozy way to spend the holidays at the table. Piece of meat on the gourmet, cozy chat.
Today I will give you some tips and supplies that you need besides the gourmet set for a cozy evening. It doesn’t matter if you go for standard gourmet, or if you want to have a more complete table for a nice variety, or if you want to try the latest recipes, everyone will benefit from these tips! Among other things, I also let you know exactly what to look out for when buying a gourmet set or grill. Tips for tasty vegetables for gourmet, tasty marinades, and more….
What do you need when you go gourmet?
So, what do you need when you want to prepare tasty food for a gourmet?
A raclette set
Well, first and foremost, you need a gourmet set. However, a griddle is also widely used these days. With this you can also prepare meat and fish, dine all evening and it is a great alternative to a gourmet set. What the gourmet is known for is the pan underneath. Don’t have enough of your own gourmet set? Then you may want to inquire with friends or family.
New raclette set?
It’s a good idea to consider in advance how often you actually want to go gourmet. It is often the case that you only eat out a few times a year, so it would be a waste to buy a new gourmet set, even though you only get it out of the attic for Christmas.
Then, for example, a contact grill can also be a good idea. These you can unfold and close, when you close it you use it as a contact grill. Also, a contact grill has a handy collection tray. The contact grill from Inventum is a very good one. With this you can make sandwiches, meat and fish. So it is possible to just use it all year, you will enjoy the purchase longer. You can also just gourmet with four to six people from this.
What you obviously need for the gourmet, meat! The number of grams of meat depends on how many people you are having a gourmet dinner with. You can get special gourmet meat at the supermarket for a long time. If necessary, you can get it several days in advance and store it in the refrigerator. For example
- Mini steak
- Gourmet shoarma
- Small lardons
- Beef tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin
- Game (venison steak, duck breast fillet)
If you are going to marinate meat, you can store it in the refrigerator in a plastic bag if necessary, but if you marinate the meat ahead of time, small bowls are also fine.
Fish is also highly recommended when going out for an evening gourmet.
- Shrimp are a delicious addition to any table at the gourmet. Consider a recipe for delicious marinade to make these shrimp even more delicious.
- Fish skewers are also a real classic at gourmet, you can buy these yourself, then you can determine the types of fish yourself, you can also buy them in the store
- Salmon should not be forgotten either. This is also always very popular with gourmetting.
- Then an additional tip: If you are going to marinate the fish (or meat), put it on the table in separate bowls. This actually ensures that the marinades do not get mixed together.
Delicious sauces accompany gourmet food. You can think of:
- Garlic sauce
- Satay sauce
- Steak sauce
- Hamburger sauce
- Whiskey cocktail sauce
- Sambal Sauce
TIP: Make sure chicken is well done
As an additional tip, make sure that when you put chicken on the table it is well done. To ensure this, you can put down a separate fork to prick it to see if meat (and fish) are done. This is especially important with chicken because it can make you sick faster, and of course you want to avoid that.
Vegan and vega
Of course, there are also plenty of options (and gourmet recipes) for vega and vegan. If you have guests who don’t eat meat or any animal products at all, of course that’s possible too. Note that the difference between vega and vegan is bigger than you think. This is because vegan is no animal products at all, while vega is, but here only no meat is involved.
- (Vegan & Vegetarian). Vegetables like peppers, this is on the table a lot at gourmets anyway.
- (Vegetarian). Pancakes. You can bake pancakes in the small pan. There are plenty of recipes available online for pancake mix.
- (Vegetarian & Vegan). Meat substitutes, nowadays you can buy these a lot, also for gourmetting. Especially around the holidays, there are a huge number of options. You can think of veggie chicken nuggets (vegetarian only), mini vegetable burgers falafel or quinoa.
- (Vegetarian) Mini Omelet, you can make these in the small pans. These are delicious with cheese and vegetables in them.
TIP: Gourmet recipes
Then finally, an additional tip, look for gourmet recipes. Many people only start using meat, fish or vegetables with the gourmet while gourmet, but they just do this ”out of the blue.” This is fine in principle, but start looking for a gourmet recipe, you will be amazed at the many possibilities. Prepare some and put some on the table for guests and let them experiment. How about a spinach omelet with shrimp? Stuffed mini peppers? Gourmet zucchini rolls with halloumi?